Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again....

Less than 24 hours from now I should be decending upon the grand metropolis of London, UK to begin the next journey in my seemingly neverending transience....

There has been months of build up to this day (and the 6 months to 1 year that will follow) but I am not sure how well the reality of it has actually sunk in. I did have a fleeting thought earlier this evening along the lines of, "wow, this is the last time I am going to be on American soil for a while", but it was just fleeting.

Much packing has yet to be done, but in my characteristic procrastination I rationalize this with the fact that I don't need to leave for the airport until 2 tomorow afternoon. That should leave plenty of time to finish last minute preparations. No doubt I will sleep hours later than I intend and in my rush to reclaim that lost time will forget things that I wanted to bring.

I have already done all the goodbye stuff with buds and budessess in Boston and elsewhere across the United States. Tommorow will be the family goodbyes which promise to contain enough mother tears to soak the collar of whatever shirt I may be wearing.

So these are my thoughts on the eve of departure. Nothing special. Ready to go. Wanting to stay. There really is no inbetween ground there, huh?

...and I'm off, Chris

2 Comments:

Blogger sylvia said...

hey there! welcome to the blogosphere. consider yourself linked.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Evey said...

Hey Chris,

Glad to see you blog up and running! We added you to our links. Come visit our blog, we are very very entertaining;) Hope things are going well.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home