Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cookiejar Philosopher

So today, as I was overindulging on Danish butter cookies, I was thinking about the idea of why we like things that arn't really even that good. Let me quickly interject that I have nothing against butter cookies and actually quite enjoy them with a cup of strong black coffee.

Actually, their flavor somehow reminded me of this particular British biscut that I believe I have loyalties to because of my exposure to them as a child. I had the biscut in question again when I was over in London and they are not very tasty at all, actually quite bland, but the distinctive taste brought a sort of comfort or something from childhood that somehow made them desirable.

So this is pretty much jibberish but I just thought it was interesting how we (I at least) enjoy things for reasons other than pure aesthetic qualities.

Question the old music that you listen to......

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home