Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Stroll and a Fella Named Rodney

Today was my off day for the week and I was in the mood to take some pictures. I ended up down on the south side of the river along this great pathway that hugs the bank for a long while and is a sweet place to take a stroll. During my stroll I met a guy named Rodney who was playing the saxophone. I told him that I didn't have any money but wondered if I could take some pictures of him playing. He obliged and we talked for a while about America and England before the conversation turned to Coltraine, Monk, Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Sevie Ray and the like. I am going to check out his band the next time that they gig out.

I you could see through my eyes you would have seen this tonight...


St. Paul's Cathederal from the south side of the Thames


The path that winds along the Thames...beautiful, truly (this picture was taken in a very dark area without a flash, if you look closely you can see these great ghostly looking figures in the middle)

The London Eye, a big expensive ferris wheel type thingy, built for the millenium celebration, that is supposed to give amazing views of the city

The Houses of Parliment and Big Ben from across the River (I love how the water looks)

The inimitable OXO tower named after none other than a beef bullion cube

Despite the fact that I can't remember what this bridge is called and the picture is blurry because I don't have a tripod, I really like this one because I kind of got the foreground vs. background thing right...it's all in the f-stop (that is a photography term, not a obscene comment)

Rodney

Rock on...

Dude is so fast he's a blur

1 Comments:

Blogger Timbo said...

Hey, just wanted you to know that I'm thinking and praying for ya even though we haven't talked for like...a month. I hope the Lord helps you through the stressful situations in your life. I'm glad to see that you still consider the world around you to be a calming and refreshing item for daily life (proof in the pictures) Love you much bro and I'll talk to you soon.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home