Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hallellujah....I kicked some ass

Hmmm....I hope that isn't too sacreligious. I did though.

I was doing the math in my head the entire way home on the bus just to make sure that I was adding the two numbers together correctly.

Months of studying vocabulary, mathematical formulas, and geometric shapes, culminated today in hours spent answering multiple choice questions and writing essays on political leadership. And it was good. Much better than I had even wanted to do.

The funny thing is that, save for a couple questions, I don't know how helpful my months of studying actually was. There were only a few questions where I said to myself, "Self, you know this because you studied it". Had I not been so pleased with my scores, I would probobaly feel as if I had wasted hours upon hours sitting in comfy chairs in various coffee shops.

Next step: applying to schools. I have narrowed down my selection to a handful of programs and the application process must now begin.

It is so nice to have this burden off of my back. I literally feel lighter and mentally am looking forward to being able to engage more fully with the house and the community. I am supposed to be the project leader here but I feel as if I have just been getting by for the past month or so. I really have a problem with needing to pour myself into things so hopefully I will be able to replace my need for studying with a need for community life.

Okay, so from here on out I am making an effort to give more of a window into my community life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you so surprised? You know God says in James 5:16 that the "fervent prayer of a righteous [mamma] availeth much" (pardon the paraphrase!);-) And don't forget, that mamma's prayers have been going to that God who "is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think"!!!! Ya-hoo! Love ya, honey! ET, phone home!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Timbo said...

Hey bro! Awesome to hear that you did so well on the GRE, but I figured you would anyways, with you being so smart and all ;)

Anywho...I'll send you a more detailed e-mail shortly but I got a couple things goin on with your truck, both good and bad. So look forward to that.

Until then...if people don't want to talk so in depth and as deep as what you want them to...I'm sure God would like to hear some of that stuff :) And maybe your best brother would care to lend an ear...or two. Well...at least an eye or two if you prefer. You'll hear from me in a couple days...looking forward to your phone call...whenever that may be (Sunday?) Love ya bro,

Tim

12:20 AM  
Blogger Linds said...

I just stumbled across your blog and truly enjoyed the night-time London pictures that you posted a little while ago. I was over there eight years ago, and seeing the pix made me want to go back.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home